Level 3 Diploma In Pre U Foundation
The progression opportunity may take a varity of paths depending on the level of qualfication achieved. You can progress to university, a higher level 4 qualification in your chosen area of study, a vocational qualification or employment at a supervisory management level.
The Level 3 Diploma in Pre U Foundation is awarded by Learning Resource Network (LRN), an Ofqual (UK Regulator) recognised Awarding Organisation (Exam Board). It provides the practical knowledge, skills, capabilities and competences that are assessed in academic terms as being equivalent to GCE AS/A Levels and as fulfilling the entry requirements for relevant UK degree courses. A Distinction provides 144 UCAS points, a Merit 96 UCAS points and a Pass 48 UCAS points. The LRN Level 3 Diploma in Pre U Foundation is officially accepted for entry on to relevant degree programmes by the following British universities (and many others will do so in practice):
- Royal Holloway, University of London
- SOAS, University of London
- Heriot-Watt University
- University of Sussex
- Middlesex University
- University of Greenwich
- Regent’s University London
- Southampton Solent University
- University of Essex
- Chester University
- University of Sunderland
- Bangor University
- University of Wales, Trinity Saint David
- University of South Australia, Business School
Who is it for
This course is designed for individuals
- Who do not have a formal qualification for access to higher education and want to obtain one.
- Have a limited experience of work and want to increase their knowledge.
- Who are new to the work environment.
The Level 3 Diploma in Pre U Foundation Studies consists of a total of 120 credits. To complete the qualification, you must complete the 3 mandatory units and 3 optional units of the course.
- Foundation Mathematics
- Foundation Computing
- Study skills
- Foundation Biology
- Foundation Chemistry
- Foundation Physics
- Further Mathematics
- Foundation Business and Management
- Foundation Economics
- Foundation Accounting
- Foundation Psychology
- Foundation Sociology
- Foundation Law
- Foundation Hospitatlity
- Foundation Government and Politics
- At least 4 GCSEs at grades A* – C (or equivalent}
- Specific subject matter expertise or knowledge (e.g. – science, law, hospitality)
- Level 2/ First Diploma (in a relevant subject with merit or distinction)
- NVQ Level 2 or equivalent Level 2 qualification, or relevant experience (for mature applicants)
You should also have a speaking, listening, reading and writing ability that is commensurate to CEFR Level B1 (or equivalent). This is to ensure that you meet the communication requirements for this qualification.
What is Included
All study materials and student handbooks are supplied through our online Teaching Zone (which contains everything you need to pass). You will be allocated a tutor for academic support who you can contact as often as you like by telephone, Skype and email. You will also have access to a Student Support Co-ordinator for administrative support. There is an online induction in the Teaching Zone which explains how to use it.
How is it assessed?
The assessment consists of a written assignment for each unit which is set by Learning Resource Network (LRN), an Ofqual (UK Government regulator) recognised Awarding Organisation (Exam Board). The core assignments are first assessed internally and then, to ensure a rigorous quality assurance model is applied, each of the marked assignments will be externally moderated by LRN. The optional units are marked by LRN.
How do I study and how long does it take?
The qualification is taught through our Teaching Zone. The total duration of this course is 1,575 hours (including self-study) and normally takes one year.