Level 3 Diploma In Pre U Foundation
The progression opportunity may take a varity of paths depending on the level of qualfication achieved, it may be appropriate for the candidate to progress to a higher level 4 qualification in their chosen area of study, a higher level of qualification, vocational qualification or employment at a supervisory management level.
LRN Level 3 Diploma In Pre U Foundation Studies is also accepted in various universities in the U.K. for admissions on to further programmes. This qualifications at Level 3 represent practical knowledge, skills, capabilities and competences that are assessed in academic terms as being equivalent to GCE AS/A Levels.
Who is it for
This course is designed for individuals
- Who are new to the work environment.
- Have a limited experience of work and want to increase their knowledge.
- Do not have a formal qualification to access higher education and want to obtain one.
The Level 3 Diploma in Pre U Foundation Studies consists of a total of 120 credits. To complete the qualification, candidates must complete the 3 mandatory units and 3 optional units of the course.
- Foundation Mathematics
- Foundation Computing
- Study skills
- Foundation Biology
- Foundation Chemistry
- Foundation Physics
- Further Mathematics
- Foundation Business and Management
- Foundation Economics
- Foundation Accounting
- Foundation Psychology
- Foundation Sociology
- Foundation Law
- Foundation Hospitatlity
- Foundation Government and Politics
- At least 4 GCSEs at grades A* – C (or equivalent}
- Specific subject matter expertise or knowledge (e.g. – science, law, hospitality)
- Level 2/ First Diploma (in a relevant subject with merit or distinction)
- NVQ Level 2 or equivalent Level 2 qualification, or relevant experience (for mature applicants)
Candidates should also have a speaking, listening, reading and writing ability that is commensurate to CEFR Level B1 (or equivalent). This is to ensure that they meet the communication requirements for this qualification.
What is Included
All online study materials and student handbooks are supplied. You will be allocated a tutor for academic support who you can contact as often as you like by telephone and email. You will also have access to a Student Support Co-ordinator for administrative support. You will also complete an online induction and have access to an online virtual learning environment.
How is it assessed?
The assessment consists of written assigments that are set by LRN. The making of the assignments will be carried out in accordance with the assessment criteria listed in the assignments. To ensure a rigorous quality assurance model is applied, each of the marked assignments will be moderated.
How do I study and how long does it take?
The total duration of this course is 1575 hours.