Chartered Manager Status with Level 7 Diploma in Business Management
Do you want to become a Chartered Manager?
Now you can get the prestigious Chartered Manager status awarded by the Chartered Management Institute (CMI) upon completion of Level 7 Diploma in Business Management by Learning Resource Network (LRN). In this way, you can get two UK recognised qualifications in one programme.
iQualify UK provides professionals with the opportunity to enhance your career prospects along with the increased opportunities that come along with a prestigious status of a Chartered Manager.
While the Postgraduate Level 7 Diploma in Business Management can help you get an advanced entry on to advanced stage of an MBA programme, the Chartered Manager status can also help you in various aspects of your career, namely:
- Improves employability and makes you more distinguishable from the rest of the competition.
- It takes you to the next level in the profession of management.
- It recognises the level of ability and competency within an individual.
About Chartered Management Institute:
Chartered Manager status sets you apart from other professionals with a status that is reputable and respected. It is the most influential status for any professional manager.
The Institute has played a prominent role as the professional body for management for over 65 years, firstly as the British Institute of Management and then as the Institute of Management. Chartered status was finally achieved in 2002, when the Chartered Management Institute was created. The Royal Charter was granted by the Privy Council on 12 February 2002 and came into effect on 1 April 2002.
Who is it for?
This programme is intended for Managers and Directors.
(LRN Level 7 Diploma) units:
- Business strategy, management and planning
- Financial resources and performance management
- Leadership, change and people management
- Corporate strategy, governance and ethics
- Research methodology and its application to marketing
For Level 7 Diploma in Business Management:
You must have one of the following:
- For learners who have recently been in education and training the entry profile is likely to include:
- a first degree in business, management or related subjects or a level 6 qualification for example a Diploma in Management
- other equivalent international qualifications
- Learners may also have work experience. Mature learners may present a more varied profile of their achievement that is likely to include at least five years extensive relevant work experience (paid and/or unpaid) with levels of responsibility, participation and/or achievement of a range of relevant professional qualifications. This may be used for recognition of prior learning (RPL).
- Learners must also have an appropriate standard of English to enable them to access relevant resources and complete the unit assignments. Therefore, candidates should have a speaking, listening, reading and writing ability which is commensurate to CEFR Level B2 (or equivalent).
For Chartered Manager status,
- You must have passed the LRN Level 7 Diploma in Business Management.
- You also must have minimum of 3 years management experience.
Chartered Manager status from the CMI shows that you are a management professional.
How do I study and how long does it take?
For Level 7 Diploma:
There are five units in total and each one should take 180 guided learning hours which is the total time you are likely to spend studying including all your time spent on listening to the lectures, reading the online information, reading the workbooks, using the software, undertaking the exercises, discussions with other students and completing the assessments or revising for the one exam. The qualification is taught online, so you can start at any time as you are not restricted by term times. You will receive your log in and password for the Teaching Zone as soon as we have received payment. All you need is Internet access!
The time it takes in practice is up to you, and will vary depending on your commitment and how easy you find it to study. 180 hours is roughly:
Over twelve months – 30 minutes per day or four hours per week or 15 hours per month
Over six months – one hour per day or eight hours per week or 30 hours per month
How is it assessed?
For the Level 7 Diploma in Business Management, all five units are each assessed by a 3,500 word written assignment.
For Chartered Manager status, Assessment is undertaken by completion of a written submission, detailing the learning gained, the improvement in your management practice and the positive, measurable contribution you have made to your organisation. Upon your form submission to iQualify UK, CMI will validate the information provided. Upon approval of your written submission you will be awarded Chartered Member (CMgr MCMI) or Chartered Fellow (CMgr FCMI) dependent on experience.