Introduction to Strategic HR Management
The Introduction to Strategic HR Management is a specialist course which explains how HR Management supports the strategic objectives of the organisation.
The course comprises of a video lecture with an accompanying manual (which contains all the content for later reference). You will receive a Certificate of Attendance on completion.
Who is it for?
The Introduction to Strategic HR Management is for:
- Human Resource Directors
- Senior Human Resource Managers
- Directors from other departments
- Divisional Heads
When you have completed this course you should be able to:
- Define HR strategy and distinguish between what is and is not strategic
- Describe the content and context of a HR strategy, related to a range of alternative organisational and business scenarios
- Critically evaluate the value added by an organisation’s HR strategy
- Explain and justify the role of and the sources of authority, influence and power for the human resource strategist
- Critically evaluate the major alternative models for strategic human resource management.
You should have at least one to two year’s work experience at a relevant senior managerial level.
What is included?
Everything you need is provided online in our Teaching Zone. All you need is Internet access through a PC, tablet or phone.
The complete course content is also provided as a manual (PDF) for future reference.
The aim of this course is for you to understand the nature and benefits of taking a strategic approach to the management and development of people.
How do I study and how long does it take?
The course is taught online and will take you around two to three hours of study.
How is it assessed?
There is no assessment for this course.